There is some advise that you keep getting from the media. You have heard it so many times that you know that it is correct (or the person who is giving, the journal, the channel, all of them believe)…but most people do not know how to use it. So I call it brilliant, but completely useless advice:
1. When in equities, buy low and sell high.
2. When everybody is selling, you should be buying and the reverse….
3. Avoid companies with dubious management.
4. Diversify equity exposure across 4-5 sectors.
5. Diversification is a protection against ignorance – Warren Buffet.
6. Commodity investing!
7. Avoid penny and Z category stocks
8. Go to a professional. Do not churn your portfolio. (Will anybody tell me what is an Oxymoron please?)
9. Unit linked insurance is a good investment
10. Rebalance your portfolio every quarter. Also read 8.
11. Get the macro picture right before investing.
12. If you spent 10 minutes on finding what will happen to the economy, you have wasted 7 minutes. – Peter Lynch.
13. Stock prices have fallen, try averaging!
more will follow….
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.