Doing an article for the New year is easy. Just go to the article you did in the previous year…and change the year.
However is a good list of resolutions that you can make – it is really useful if you made it already, just reiterate it, and follow it! So here it goes
1. I will write down my financial goals – NOW, IMMEDIATELY.
2. I will convert a big portion of my savings into investments – especially if you are less than 55 years of age.
3. I will live a simple, frugal life by choice – but choose my dream career.
4. I will start saving/investing for my retirement – NOW IMMEDIATELY.
5. I will have regular conversations about money, saving and investing with my colleagues, friends, spouse, kids and parents – all people for whom I feel financially responsible.
6. I will not deal in direct equity with my current level of knowledge of equities.
7. I will increase my financial knowledge – inter-alia by visiting www.subramoney.com, www.myiris.com, www.moneycontrol.com, and such other sites.
8. I will maintain my income and expenditure details diligently and keep reviewing them.
9. I will maintain proper records of my assets and liabilities, understand the risk of each asset class, and do proper asset allocation.
10. I will protect all those people dependent on me. Will review my term insurance, medical insurance and retirement and make sure it is up to date and adequate, and the nominees are current.
Most important: Properly stick to all the resolutions!
Over the next few days I hope to elaborate on all the above resolutions.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.