If you had a heart attack or a paralytic attack, what would your family do? I am assuming that I am addressing the head of the family. Now if you are NOT the head of the family, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you know who all to call if there was such an emergency in your family?
2. Will you have about Rs. 50,000 to pay the hospital to at least get entry into the hospital?
3. Do you know where are your medical insurance papers, identity cards, name of the agent, etc. – you will need it when the admission process is going on.
4. Do you know which ambulance service / or which hospital to take the patient ?
5. Do you know the HR head’s number (assuming he is in service) if it is a big company?
6. Are there 3 phone numbers in your cell phone that YOU can call when there is such an emergency?
7. Do you / your husband have a Credit card with a limit of say Rs. 500,000 – so that you can charge a Rs. 500,000 slip and get admission into the hospital? You can replace this next day with a cheque for the necessary amount….
8. Do you have grown up children / younger brother / sister or good doctor friends who have to be informed about this?
9. Your parents may be also in a position that they have not prepared themselves for any emergency – first do yours and then help the do it, fast.
10. Do you have your neighbor’s cell number? If they are at work you may need to use their cell to contact them..
In short, how prepared are you FINANCIALLY and PHYSICALLY to handle the situation of “what would you do if you died of a heart attack TONIGHT” ‘…..
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.