In the recent past I have made some mistakes in equities…here are a few….
1. Buying EID PARRY at 155, then averaging at 140: I still do think that sugar being decontrolled is a good thing to happen, but this investment is going to take a long time to make money for me. 3 to 5 years is what I think I will have to wait for. This is because of the interest burden that it will have, and the probable dividend cut from the fertilizer subsidiary Coromandel International.
2. Buying Wendt India at 1500 – or thereabouts. Now the price is about 1100. Not that I am worried about the quality of management, but I hurried a little bit. Well my thoughts.
3. Buying Hindustan Oil at 107, Mahindra forging at 47, Mahindra Holiday Resorts (feeling terrible because I had sold at 568!) at 289, Jyoti Structure at 46, Century Enka at 200, …..- this is far greater than what I normally buy in one year – esp as a longer term bet…
4. Sold some Coromandel International to buy Shanti Gears, and Sabero – wish I had sold more Coro!! Sold some Shanti gears at a profit, have kept some. Traded multiple times in Sabero – only wish I had done more quantity (read link below too!)
5. Not buying enough of debt instruments – but I do believe that my equity returns over 5-7-10 years will compensate for this error.
6. No Gold in my portfolio at all. However there is some kept in my wife’s locker!! (not sure if this is a mistake)
7. Not contributing in my PPF for the past year – some kyc related issues…gggrrrrrrrrrrr. aka laziness.
also read the following note..a note written some time ago…
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.