If it was as rosy as the media projects…why is it that the whole Indian population does not become an agent? Well there are reasons:
1. Agents get treated badly: Agents for any product are seen as an unnecessary evil – and every body makes an attempt to get rid of them! Even if he renders a good service, most people are eager to get rid of the agent.
2. The companies for whom they work, HATE THEM. Well it may be an exaggeration, but the companies like the cheques that the agents bring. The relationship is not like that of an employee who gets protection – medical insurance, life insurance, holidays, …the agent gets nothing.
3. Agents are treated like the ‘kabbadiwala’ – companies need them to bring sales, but when there is a family function, the kabbadiwala does not get invited, does he? Recently one company completed a milestone (number of years – recently my neighbhor’s dog also completed 5 years)..most agents were kept out. LOL
4. Inspite of being treated poorly, agents and principals share a relationship! When agents bring cheques, they get a commission, that is all.
5. Inspite of all that I said above, customers think of agents as the ‘company’s representative’. LOL.
6. Companies and agents distrust each other, completely and fully. Recently one promoter company called up an agent and said ‘you have submitted a wrong form…’ The agent said ‘this is the original’. Promoter company said ..YOU ARE LYING. And he was in the top 5 agents. L O L and ROFL.
These are just 6 reasons..of course there are many…so more posts will follow..
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.