What triggers of the need for a personal transport? Is it the transport or a social requirement?
Well these are the things that I have heard from people who are not capable of paying themselves first (http://www.subramoney.com/2013/02/pay-yourself-first) . Interesting reasons….
1. Sir, all my batchmates have bought a car: this happens when a kid is about 3 years into a job post MBA (or equivalent) or about 6 years into a job post Bcom.
2. My husband pays for all the expenses, so I am buying a car for my father, brother,….etc.
3. Our house is so far away from the station: my take is that the house may be about 5 km from the station, so to ‘save’ auto fare they travel about 80 km (to and fro) by a car. Awesome logic.
4. My wife is pregnant and now we cannot travel by a 2 wheeler
5. One wet evening I had to wait for half an hour to get a rick – so next day I went and bought a car.
6. One night at 12 I had to take my daughter to hospital – and i could not get a rick. It is not about money, it is a convenience.
7. I am earning Rs. 6 lakhs, my dad does not need this money…so instead of spending it, I might as well invest in a car (eeks this investment happens through a car loan!!)..http://www.subramoney.com/2009/09/attitude-towards-money/
8. I need to take my family out for the weekends, SO I NEED a bigger car
9. My current zen does not have enough boot space, SO i need a Honda City at least
I could go on and on and on!
None, repeat none of these are real travel reasons. Most of these people may even be OVERPRICED in this economy which is not really searching for people with 5 years experience and willing to pay them a million rupees!
Ha, time is always on your side and allows for real big mistakes, do make them. That is the only way to learn.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.