Let me start by quoting Lord Keynes. He said ‘Of course I change my stand. When I get new data, I change my mind – what do you do Gentlemen?’
After spending a few years in college, and then3 decades in dealing with wealth instruments, intermediaries, manufacturers, banks, trainers and most importantly customers there is a lot of learning.
1. My view of the financial services industry has undergone a lot of change.
2. The most important thing for an investor to understand is Conflict of Interest.
3. Getting same return as the market is easy, outperformance is IMPOSSIBLE for the man on the street.
4. Inspite of 3 people will spend 2 Billion US $ on newsletters this year.
5. People understand Retirement, HATE planning for it.
6. The best way to the Forbes list is by managing other people’s money. Period.
7. Nobody in the Forbes list says ‘I am here because of brilliant fund management by my bank….well er….hmmm..
8. My views on ULIP: bad product for 99% of the people reading this blog. The 1% do not even need life insurance.
9. My views on direct investing: I can – but YOU need to answer that question for YOURSELF. Not ego, just saying this because my NEED is about 2% real return, because my corpus has done well in the past.
10. My views on Annuity: A lousy lousy product. However I will sell it to a few people who need it desperately. Sad situation of a great product expensively priced and no hope in hell of being priced better.
11. Term Insurance: Almost everybody needs it, but hey keep checking every 3-5 years whether YOU need it.
12. Wealth management, Retirement planning are all sexy words, but at the basic level it is BORING, DULL, REPETITIVE and has to be done, that is all.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.