Running, Cycling, Gym – all get tougher with age. I can’t really get up at 6 am and run fast. So what should one do? No. II have done the following…
- Run slow – there is no point in comparing yourself even to your younger self. Comparing is foolish. I do not compare the Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheets of client A to client B. So don’t compare yourself even to your younger self.
- Have more easy days – if you have run say 27km on Sunday, take it easy on Monday. Just walk say 5km instead of trying a slow run of 10km..which you may have done in your 30s or even your 40s.
- Do more short events like 10k rather than more Half Marathons..
- Spend more time in the gym than running on the road.
- It takes a longer time to recover – so do long recovery walks.
- Go see a dietician – and see what changes you are willing to make and live with…
- It may take a greater amount of time to build to a 21k run or a 42k run. Months, not week.
- If you were running 5k in 25 minutes, maybe 35 minutes for a 5k is not bad at age 60. Or 68 minutes for a 10k instead of 59 minutes for a 10k you did 5 years ago.
- Celebrate that you are still running or cycling….
Go have a ball.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.