For many readers of Subramoney.com it could come as a surprise if I said “Go and splurge”. I try not to write too much about spending, bargains, etc. – I prefer concentrating on the wealth side. However what you ‘feel’ about money is pretty important.
So you must go and spend money….BECAUSE BECAUSE BECAUSE you want to do it. Do not spend for ‘peer’ pressure. I see people spending for ‘impressing’ others. That I find funny. I guess it is about insecurity.
So answer these questions honestly:
1. Do you do money comparisons while shopping with friends / relatives / siblings / colleagues ?
2. If you got a higher bonus or a jump in salary would you boast about it to people around you?
3. In the last 3 years have you bought anything BECAUSE somebody else was boasting about it?
4. Have you traveled abroad as a ‘tick box’ item?
5. You have not seen something within 50 kms of your house, but are planning a foreign trip?
6. How do you respond to somebody who just bought a shoe for Rs. 34,000 ?
7. Would you buy a Rs. 50,000 bag for your wife ASSUMING that she has no clue about the price and her friend circle does not know a Prada or a Louis Vitton..
8. Will your best 5 friends be able to talk about your biggest 5 purchases?
8.a, Will you be able to talk about the best buys of any of your top 3 friends? or of anybody else?
9. Do you worry what others would think about you when you make a purchase?
10. Do you worry about your vacations, mode of transport, clothes, when you are visiting friends / relatives / colleagues…
Answer honestly and YOU will know whether you are a competitor or no. Please give feedback on the blog, not on FB 🙂 . thanks.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.