Life is not easy for a young married couple if they have no clue about each other’s financial personalities.
Many of the girls have a reasonable inkling of the CTC of the guy – say Rs. 10L and then they look at their own ctc of Rs. 8L and feel – ha that is fine. However the take home, and ‘keep with themselves’ salary is a big black box…so well I get a story read on:
How do you react to the following?
Key: H is Husband, W is Wife, F-i-L and M-i-L : Father and Mother in law.
First before I tell you the incidents put yourself in the following positions and reply from all the angles:
1. Marriage over, honeymoon over, slowly girl (she has a job with a Cost to Company Rs. 14L) tells the boy ‘I have a Personal Loan of Rs. 7L taken to pay off my dad’s GAMBLING losses’. Boy is shocked, but can do nothing now, right?
2. H and W go for an EXPENSIVE honeymoon (real expensive 6 months CTC for the 2 of them!!), and when the bill comes at the end of the month, EXPECTS THE GIRL to pick up the tab.
3. G works in compliance in a bank, and H constantly uses his company’s credit card ARGUING that he will pay before due date. While giving the credit card, the company has GIVEN A LETTER saying ‘this card has to be used only for the company’s expenses’.
4. H takes a personal loan for a ‘friend’ who is now refusing to pay back. He is paying the EMI in the case of a bank loan and the friend is absconding. Amount is Rs. 200,000.
5. H has taken a lot of bank loans, W refuses to bail him out. He is now blacklisted, so borrows from a shark. Interest rate? 3% per month, monthly compounding. W feels rotten because her money is in a bank earning 8.4% p.a. W has no clue what to do, but knows she should not bail him out – the past experience was not so good.
6. H is a joker tells everybody ‘My salary is Rs. 9 lakhs’ – actually it is the ctc and his take home pay is Rs. 29,500 per month. His siblings and parents think it is Rs. 75,000 per month.
7. W understands delayed consumption and knows wealth is in paper and demat statement. H comes from a family which judges everybody on how many houses, how well furnished, how many cars….huge conflict even while talking 🙂
the list goes on and on….AND THERE IS NOTHING that I can do about it.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.