What you are saying makes sense. But sometimes used to think are we unnecessarily worrying about the retirement. If someone has one or more sons wouldn’t they take care of their parents? Say, their parents has decent income can’t they provide the shortage amount for them?
I am taking care of my parents is it too much to expect from my offspring? After all we as Indians still has family values .. right?
To start with this is a comment on the Retirement post that I had done..recently.
I am sure Indians have fantastic family values, maybe that is why we have:
100,000 dowry deaths, female infanticide, at least one rape a day in the rape capital a.k.a New Delhi where we have the PM, President, 3 chiefs of Army, …etc. living.
Ok cutting the irony apart, if you have one child, you are making an assumption that:
1. The child will out live you.
2. The child will be in a great financial and physical shape to look after you and your spouse.
3. If you fall ill, your child will have a house big enough for him / her to accommodate you AND your spouse in THEIR house so that they can look after you.
4. Your child’s spouse will be happy to serve his/ her inlaws for 14 years as a bed ridden patient. The children will happily help the parents. I mean your grandchildren.
5. If your son dies of old age at 81…and you live till 107..your 81 year old daughter in law will be strong enough (mentally and physically) to look after you.
6. If your 60 year old son and 58 year old daughter in law want to go to US for 3 months, you at age 82 will stay alone without any help.
Believe me it is not whether your adorable kid will look after you, it is whether he / she can. I think they CANNOT. Simply because if you are 55 now, your 23 year old daughter is NOT half as fit as you are…..
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.