A few days ago I did a post about risk….here are some solutions..
1. If husband and wife are working in the same industry or worse in the same company, try to change the situation, NOW.
2. Take a stand alone or a floater MEDICAL INSURANCE policy for say Rs. 3 lakhs for self and family.
3. If you have parents above the age of 65 years, YOU CAN STILL buy medical insurance for them from the govt. insurance companies. Talk to New India, Oriental, etc.
4. Make your will and register it if you think it will be challenged. If you do not think it will be challenged, still make it, discuss it with the beneficiaries and keep a soft copy also. A handwritten will written clearly and legibly can also be a good proof that the person was in his senses while making it.
5. List all your investments, and mail a soft copy to yourself. In case of an earthquake, you can still access it. If you do not know why you made a particular investment, it is a great time to get rid of it.
6. Keep copies of your passport, pancard, …and other important documents in a remote location ALSO. If you have a sister or a sister in law in Chennai and a brother in Delhi – use both the locations. Leaving a copy in your bank locker also makes sense. Of course a scanned copy being in your email sent box or inbox is a must of course.
7. Photocopies of your credit cards, debit (atm) cards, etc. being available in your office desk also makes sense. In case of a building collapse (like Andheri) at least your office back up copies can be useful.
sure there are more….will follow…:-)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.