There are some myths so deeply ingrained in people’s mind, that it is impossible to deal with it. Well it is exhausting to say the least:
1. The elephant is a strong animal: Wrong. It is a big animal. The tiger is strong – and the African lion is far stronger. It weighs about 300 pounds and it can carry a 1600 pound bison and walk 500 m. There are many insects which can carry weights far greater than its body weight. Strength is not visible – it is measured in weight carrying and endurance!
2. If you are exercising regularly, you can eat whatever you want. Wrong. A good work out in a Gym (for an hour and under strict supervision) can burn say 800 calories. A couple of samosas will wipe out all the good work done. A healthy life is about eating sensibly, eating regularly, in moderation, exercising regularly, …ALL of this is needed. One cannot substitute for the other. Prevention is better than cure – remember?
3. Real estate never goes down: Too amusing, have written about it too many times! Real estate as a saving instrument is good, it is bad as an investment especially over long periods of 30-40 years.
4. Equities are Risky: Especially if you do not understand averaging 🙂
5. It will always be profitable if you buy gold, EVEN if you leverage: Complete nonsense. Over long periods of time and adjusted for inflation gold will give NEGATIVE returns.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.