You talk to any HNI and he will tell you ‘OMG ..my relationship manager made me do this’…and then they start bashing the poor kid.
The relationship manager in the bank is the foot soldier who meets the customer and tries to get revenue for the bank or brokerage house…
What is his role (as expected by the client – or what the RM thinks the client expects from him!)
1. Be an expert on the equity market – how, what when of the market.
2. Be a smart guy and be a lackey for the customer.
3. Have the ability and resources to sort out all problems of the customer – preferably in a jiffy.
4. Run errands, sort out problems, anticipate and solve problems…la la ala…la..
In reality the RM :
1. has no training, or very little training by the time he starts talking to the customer.
2. He is under tremendous target pressure on day onwards
3. He has to achieve a lot of sales targets of a product that the organisation wants to sell – damn what the client wants (that is incidental)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.