- Whats the right age to start planning for retirement?
Good question. Like most things in life…the earlier that you start, the better off you
will be. If you invest Rs. 1500 per month from age 18 you will have Rs. 70 Lakhs,
but if you start at age of 50, you will have Rs. 290,270 – BOTH at age 60. This is
the power of time on your portfolio!
- What should one keep in mind when planning for retirement?
- Start early
- Invest in equities
- Stay calm and take a 20-30 year view.
- ARAVIND ANNAMALI
Retirement DECEMBER 2019
Fund : Rs. 80 lakhs.
- a) 30 lakhs in Ultra Short Term fund /Liquid fund and withdraw Rs. 15,000 every month.
- b) 20 lakhs in BALANCED Fund and withdraw Rs. 10000 PM after two years i.e. from May 2022
- c) 15 lakhs in Multicap and withdraw Rs. 10,000 PM after fourth years i.e. from May 2024
- d) 15 lakhs in Midcap fund and withdraw Rs. 10,000 PM after sixth years i.e from May 2026
The objective is to have regular increased income i.e. Rs. 15,000 for first two years, Rs25,000 from third years
and Rs.35,000 from fifth years and Rs 40,000 from seventh years onwards to meet projected increase in expenditure on account of inflation etc.
Please advise whether my investment plan as detailed above is good if not your suggestions.
Also please suggest good SWPs under various schemes as detailed in a) to d) above.
IT WILL WORK. KEEP WITHDRAWING FROM UST FUND (1) FOR 5 years. After that time transfer some money
from balanced fund (2) to the UST fund. Similarly keep withdrawing from box b, c and d and put it in box a. Which
means even if you have to withdraw more DO it from box (a). This UST will be funded by box b,c, and d.
- KARAN BUTA
I am 28 years old, working at an MNC as an marketing executive for the last years and I have
heard a lot about people retiring at 40, traveling the world with their savings. Is this truly
possible through money mgmt, especially, if i am living only on a salary income?
- NOT very practical. Assuming that at age 40 your expenses are Rs. 5L per annum..you will need Rs. 30 crores!!
Now tell me whether it is possible!
- N. PARTHA
What are the best schemes to invest in if i want to retire in 15 years?
I earn a annual salary of 19 lacs and I live in Chennai. I try to save at least 40% of my salary every year and i am working for the last 12 years. I currently have savings accounts, FDs never invested in share markets
You will need to invest about 80% in equities – a dramatic U turn for a person who has
invested 100% in debt. I would suggest you should get an adviser. There is just too much
at stake – your Retirement – and it should be handled by a professional and not risked by an
amateur – even it you are the amateur is you yourself !!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.