You may be aware that the Ministry of Finance through a notification issued in June 2017, has made it mandatory for all customers to update their Aadhaar number for all financial accounts including mutual fund investments by December 31, 2017.
Based on the above notification, I would like to highlight the following important aspects that need to be adhered by your investors –
- Individual investors are required to submit their Aadhaar Number while non-individual investors need to submit the Aadhaar details of the authorized signatories.
- If Aadhaar numbers are not seeded to the respective accounts / folios by the timelines indicated above, such accounts / folios shall become inoperative as per this notification.
- In case the investor does not have an Aadhaar number, the Aadhaar Enrollment Proof needs to be provided. Such investors are required to provide the Aadhaar number within 6 months, failing which their account / folio shall become inoperative.
- All investors will be required to give explicit consent for sharing their Aadhaar number across their folios.
- No new folios shall be allowed to be opened from January 1, 2018, if Aadhaar or Aadhaar Enrollment Proof is not provided.
You may note that post obtaining the Aadhaar number, we will authenticate the same in accordance with the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
To help us comply with these guidelines, I request you to inform your investors to update their Aadhaar details at the earliest. For the convenience of our investors, we have enabled online and offline submission of Aadhaar details as follows –
Online – To update your investors’ Aadhaar details online
Offline – To update your investors’ Aadhaar details offline, please fill the “Aadhaar Number Update” form and submit the same at any of our investor service centres. download the form.
In case of any queries, please call our distributor service line on 1-800- (if calling from a mobile phone, please prefix the city STD code; local call rates apply for both numbers), from 10 a.m to 6 p.m, Monday to Friday, and 10 a.m to 2 p.m on Saturday. We would be glad to assist. Alternatively, you can also e-mail us at
Request your support and cooperation to comply with this notification.