Today is World Suicide Day. Attended Dr. Harish Shetty’s talk in Navi Mumbai. Super Speaker. Sharing a few nuggets from his speech:
*For every suicide, 6 people are devasted
*30-40% of young adults in India attempt suicide
*Depression can appear in many disguises
*Depression is Emotional Coma
*Disconnection leads to depression
*Attempted suicide is accident of the mind
· Encourage telling bad news early. Parents have to share their own frustrations and failures. Then children feel encouraged to feel and express emotions.
· Teaching the child to wait – Delay gratification
· Let children exhaust their tantrums
· Exercise is an anti-depressant
· Love does not cure. Love heals after cure
· Hope is ice cream after dinner. Treatment is dinner.
*Never demonise the Teacher, the Mother and The Constable. They run the Country
*Be a Mental Health Soldier
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.