Last two days we have been seeing why I am a bad runner and you do not have enough money. We both need a solution to our problems. Sadly, it is not about knowing, but about doing. Here is what we can do…Lets see…
Each year we make a New Year’s Resolution, and promptly by March, we have even forgotten that we made those resolutions, right? No, a resolution isn’t going to be sufficient. We need a real plan, a properly made plan like this:
- Set a real goal, a SMART goal- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-specific, and Track them. SMARTT.
- Write your goal. Make sure that you make enough copies. One in the bedroom, one in the washroom too!
- Have a nice proper plan to achieve it
- Buy “You Can be Rich Too – With Goal based Investing” – it is worth the money that you pay for it, sorry it is a plug, yes it is a plug.
- Share your plan – the relevant parts – with your spouse, kids, co-workers, support groups, Facebook groups, whoever.
- Enlist the support of the people you love.
- Find out what are you going to give up to add this new plan.
- Remember it is the same 24 hours that you have. Decide what is important enough for you.
- If there is nothing that you are willing to give up for plugging this in, you will not achieve this.
- You have to prioritize.
- Make sure this is IMPORTANT enough for you. If it is not, just dump it.
- Do your most unpleasant tasks first. The happier tasks can always be done even on a tired body.
- So Gymming should be the first thing done in the morning – no excuses for that. No meetings spoiling it.
- Whatever you put off is most unlikely to get done, especially if you don’t enjoy doing it.
- Focus on the rewards of the task, rather than the unpleasantness of the task.
- Think what will happen if you do not file your Income tax return for example.
- What will financial freedom do for you?
- Take one step at a time.
- Many financial tasks are a one time task. Set your SIP and go to sleep.
- You only have to buy life, medical and disability insurance once.
- A will is good for years.
- Even the more time consuming tasks can usually be broken up into smaller pieces.
Set some goals and let’s “get it done!”
Maybe one day I will be a good runner and you will be financially free!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.