Inspired by the super success of one of the regulators, the government decided to appoint more regulators – Eating regulator, Exercise regulator, and a Medical Regulator.
The highlights of some of the recommendations of the MR are as follows: (this is just a summary, the whole document is about 2654 pages). Here is a one page summary:
- doctors will have to disclose how much income they earned last year
- the doctor will not be able to recommend any medication
- the doctor can only diagnose the patient and recommend that the PHARMACOLOGIST see the symptoms and recommend
- the patient will have to pay a fee to the doc and to the pharmacologist
- the patient will have to take the recommendation of the pharmacologist and go to the pharma shop and buy it.
- the pharma shop keeper will have to tell the patient that the same medicines are available white labelled and it costs less
- the pharma shop keeper should show all the medicines, and the commissions that he gets on each medicine
- if the patient so desires he can ask for his last 3 years Income tax returns
- the doctor will not /cannot talk to the medical rep except in the presence of the PHARMACOLOGIST
- the doctor will have to charge his fees only by cheque or credit card or debit card,
- the doctor will keep a recording of all his recommendations..
- dentists and Opthals should display the cost of the machinery that they use
- dentists should inspect the teeth and then recommend a line of action
- the dentist who recommends will not be able to execute the process – that will have to be done by another dentist
- dentists should recommend what is to be done – another dentist will have to execute it
- the patient should buy all the medicines, etc from a shop other than the dentist’s shop
Don’t worry doctors and dentists….this is just a HUMOR COLUMN….RELAX…IT is a dig on the equity markets regulator…that is all..
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.