The other way of saying ‘what would have I done differently’….
- Read More books: clearly I would have read more books and on a much wider range of topics. Today I cannot bring myself to read books outside of finance, management, and fiction. ‘Being Mortal’ of course is a book I read, I read Gladwell, etc. but I would have read much more for sure. I would have wanted to read about 100 books a year, currently I average much lesser.
- Learnt to recite the Vedas much much earlier: Maybe at the age of 9 and not at 50.
- Learnt Meditation while still in school or college: even now meditation is not really a habit…and I do not know what to do..
- Traveled to Europe and USA on a shoe string budget – i have no clue why I did not do it, but yes I did not do it.
- Been more systematic in record keeping of my investments so that I could have said what was my CAGR or xirr in the year 1994 or 2004. I did not keep records as well as I should have.
- Would not have judged people as ‘good’ just because they are Tambrahms, they are CAs, they are friendly…I lost maximum amount of money when I got ‘friendly’ with amazingly idiotic, greedy, stupid promoters.
- Built more difficult networks – right now I built easier networks.
- Would have helped more people with their investments, Income tax returns, etc. I was too rude perhaps?
- Would have been far more skeptical of the IIT, IIM varieties. Lesser profile people are far better as human beings.
- Get rid of toxic people from my life faster.
- Had one or 2 mentors – would have sought 5-7 mentors for different parts of my life.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.