You were in your 20s you passed your exams, got your degrees, and started life. Of course if you were from a middle class family you heard things like – you must save, you must buy a house, car, ….blah blah…
How does it get different in your 30s?
- False promises come home to roost: I will save more when I have more money. Well now you have more money and you are telling yourself ‘when I have even more money, I will save more’. Well if you lie to yourself, your problem.
- Your goals have been pushed back by student loans!!
- You could not resist family pressure, so now you have a marriage loan, car loan and of course a housing loan
- You have no goals and are mostly trapped in regret of the past and worry about the future.
- You are earning more, paying more EMI, paying more taxes, but your ‘unearned’ income was a whole of Rs. 343 -savings bank interest that got credited to your account.
- Leave your job at 45? You gotta be kidding…your mortgage will be over by the time you are 54!
- Subra told you that an investment of Rs. 40 a day was enough to retire when you were 23. You started a SIP of Rs. 1500 per month – but at 29 instead of 23.
- You are paying more taxes, but you have less money at the end of the month, you have no money.
- You got married and your husband also saves well…but you are about to buy a house with a big mortgage…
- You thought your money will work for you…well you have still not put it to real hard work – so you do not know the impact!
- In your 20s you did not know where to invest, in the 30s you STILL do not know where to invest
- In your 20s you thought you had a long time for retirement, in your 30s you wish you had started 6 years ago!
- In your 20s you were proud to get a credit card. In your 30s you are glad you got rid of your credit card
- In your 20s you got 8 credit cards. In your 30s you are wondering were you mad to have got 8 cards too many!!
- You signed up some insurance policies…some lapsed some have less than what you put. In your 30s you know what not to buy!
- In your 20s you bought at every sale…in your 30s you wait for a sale and buy in only 1 sale..
well…there could be more …
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.