If you have a big wardrobe in which you keep your clothes, that itself is a big mistake. A lot is hidden in a big cupboard, and it goes unnoticed.
Have you ever wondered why you have 13 shorts, 34 pants and about 115 shirts? If you have, you are already prepared for reducing the clutter in your wardrobe (a good place to start if you want to declutter your life). I am a man and this post is largely applicable to men, and I am not sure women will be able to do it the way men can..but it is your call. Invariably there are huge advantages of reducing the clutter in your life. You surely have less stress (I really do not have too much to think about which black pant I am going to wear !!). You should have more money to invest (do not laugh all this adds up). You free up space at home. You feel good about donating clothes (in India this is really easy with a driver, maid, security guard, …more than happy to use your hand me downs). Let us see how we can go about doing it.
- Admit to yourself that you really have too much: this is not very easy, but it has to be the first step at reducing the clutter.
- Reduce the number of colors that you will wear: I wear only black pants, and that helps. No browns. Dark navy blue and black.
- In formals I have stopped buying anything except white. Formal white. Dramatically reduces shopping time!
- Only black socks, only black belts, and only white handkerchief (eeks I hate wasting tissues, I am old fashioned).
- Donate, recycle (pants can become shorts for the home?), discard, throw. All work.
- Work on a tight budget. I just stopped buying. Period. Waiting to exhaust my existing stock, which is just too much.
- Socks and hankies last much much longer than you ‘think’ so do not over stock. Buy just one at a time. Seriously.
- Promise your wife one extra storage shelf for her in a year. Work on the promise and deliver before time.
Not a great Diwali post I agree, but simplifying is too close to heart!!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.