How often do you hear this crib? Or your wife tell you “We must get a house with at least one more room” from your wife?
What really happened? when you bought this house, it did not feel small did it? You moved from a 2 bhk with 6 members to a 2 bhk with 3 members you felt this was big, did you not? Then what happened? The house grew smaller? NO.
You bought too many things. The cycling machine which you did not use. The treadmill which your wife uses for drying small clothes. The bicycle which your society does not allow you to keep on the staircase. The extra wardrobe for your daughter’s clothes. The bookshelf that has books that you have read, hoping to read, will never read. What is the solution?
DE-CLUTTER. Throw away things that you do not need.
1. Clothes: 84 shirts – formal and informal, 37 Tee shirts, 13 running tee shirts. 31 pants, 4 cycling tee shirts. 4 running shorts. Leisure clothes – shorts, tee shirts, etc. Honestly for a 47 year old male this is too much is it not? Come on start with the head of the family. Come down to 20 formal shirts, 5 black pants, 10 Tee shirts, and see how your stress goes down along the need for storage!!
2. Give away one thing every day: tennis raquet, Golf kits, books, dresses, furniture – over a one year period you would have given up 365 things, and life would be better.
3. Boxes idea: Pick up 10 things that you think you need absolutely and put it in a box. If for 6 months you do not open it, give it away.
4. Many old things are connected to us emotionally: long play records, cassettes, cds – music all we ‘hope’ to listen or watch. I know somebody who has 15,000 Movie cds. He hopes to watch them when he retires. I bet by the time he retires he will not have a cd player. The technology would have changed.
5. Donate things: I have found it easy to collect bicycles for a rural school far more easily than asking people for 1k to buy a new cycle for a rural kid. Almost every house has 100 things to give away. Be ruthless. Stationery, books, vessels, clothes, electronic things, ipods, old phones, data sticks, cds, cd player, – just give them away. Of course Olx is an option, but not sure how successful that will be.
…and suddenly your house is fine. See I save you a few crores. One crore on the RE and 20L on the furnishings!!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.