Once you are a consultant, and have clients in relationships, you are asked for the vaguest of help. Pro Bono. No, not because they do not want to pay, but I have no clue how to, and whether to charge for such things.
Let us see one such “assignment”.
Subra will you please speak to my son? Ask him about his life plans…me and my husband are worried. This was my friend’s uncle telling me this.
Off I went.
Here is this ‘boy’ who is staying in a rented house, is in his second job, has no girlfriend (no boyfriend either, he confirmed!!), earns well, stays with his sister (8 years younger, cousin). Both brother and sister find this convenient – they have a cook, a maid, …one younger brother was to join them soon in this ‘family rented’ home…
What was his father’s problem? The boy was 35 years of age…..
well my queries (for which I needed answers)….were:
– when will he ‘settle down’? Indian euphemism for getting married.
– when will start saving/ investing (how can he earn Rs. 21 lakhs and have no savings?)
– when will he be committed to a nice job (he has a good job in a big Indian group with Mnc like compensation benefits)
– why does he not buy a house, car, pension plan, life insurance – Manly products to show that he has arrived.
– at this age his father had 2 kids, had bought a house, and had even put one kid through 2 years of school.
This 62 year old man was aghast that this generation was not willing to accept responsibility, did not want to commit to a pension plan, did not want to get married, no home loan – so no EMI.
I actually have no solution, in fact I did not even have the questions!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.