I had done an article saying that we tell each other a lot of financial lies…here is a sequel…
Some more financial lies that we love telling ourselves:
1. I have a DCF model that tells me exactly why Colgate is a good buy.
2. I know the market is fully priced now…the correction is just around the corner.
3. The last 5 years the market has done nothing so in the next 4 years it will double itself – just as a catch up.
4. I have a brilliant, fail safe, trading algorithm. YOU can NEVER ever go wrong with this tool.
5. I will be greedy when others are fearful.
6. I am following Peter Lynch’s advise. I buy the shares of companies whose product I use. I have been doing a SIP in Jet Airways.
7. I know everything about equity markets in India, Singapore and USA.
8. I NEVER make emotional decisions.
9. I know my portfolio returns and total overall asset allocation of my portfolio.
10. Investing is easy
11. Look I am so well educated, that I can walk out of the project ….and find a new one…
12. I will start my SIP next month
13. I will stop doing F n O – just let me do this one trade
14. I will top up my term insurance now that I have a new kid (more loans)….etc.
15. I will start writing accounts diligently so that I know where I am spending MY money.
16. I need not write accounts for expenses – after all I do not spend irresponsibly EVER
17. I do not need to maintain an account of my investments, except of course as required by Law….
…can you add your own list to this?
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.