If you want to get more things packed in a day, it makes sense to get up early in the morning! Well this would have been a completely unnecessary statement to be made – say 50 years ago. All our national leaders – Gandhi, Nehru, Rajaji, Vinoba Bhave, – all of them were early risers. Of course so are the Sankaracharyas.
What is so great about mornings? Do a Google search and you find many CEOs who are EARLY morning risers – from 4.30 am to 6am is what I mean!
Well, the advantages are here:
1. There is not much distraction at 4.30am: It is extremely unlikely that you will sit in front of the TV aimlessly switching channels like you did at 10 pm last night !
2. The mind is stronger: there is a greater will power to get things done in the morning.
3. There is almost a zero percent chance that somebody will disturb you: work can go on uninterrupted.
4. Hi energy work is easier to get done in the mornings – walk, run, gym. This also sets up a good positive mood for the day.
HOW TO GET UP EARLY:
1. Keep a diary to see where you are wasting time….
2. It is NOT about getting up early, it is about SLEEPING early the previous night
3. Do not be over ambitious. If you get up daily at 7.30, target 7.15 for a week. Keep one cheat day when you can sleep late. After a week go to 7.10….in 2 months time you would have reached your goal.
4. Set up a GOING TO BED TIME alarm – so that you are in bed at least 20 minutes before your ‘normal’ time.
5. Do not waste your morning time replying emails, etc – do that while travelling to work. If you do not know what to do Read Good Inspirational Quotes. Do not know where to start? Start with Swami Vivekananda’s books.
All the best.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.