A few days ago the Running Regulator was created, here are the draft regulations. Comments are invited from runners, doctors, photographers, hoteliers, shoe manufacturers, socks and other accessories manufacturers, spouses and parents of runners, coaches, physiotherapists, gym owners, drivers of cars supporting runners, and any other person who thinks about running, and all others.
Rules and Regulations made under Sec 23 of the Act:
1. For running a person should be a member of an association formed exclusively for this purpose.
2. Men and Women can run, however for safety reasons it is assumed that women will not run separately. Even if there is a GOR (girls only run) the scorer, coach, doctors, physios, etc HAVE to be men. This is done to ensure that non running men do not take advantage of the running women. This has to be the preserve of the running men.
3. A Runner’s association will have 4 categories of runners – novice, starter, veteran, super veteran. Depending on a self declaration people can qualify in each group. A person should have completed at least 15 marathons to be called a veteran and about 30 marathons to be called a super veteran.
4. When buying a shoe, only the following brands are allowed to sell shoes to runners – Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Bata.
5. There are a lot of people who run without shoes – Mr. A Ananthram has been asked to chair a committee on ‘barefoot running’. The committee will have 9 representatives. Out of these 9 members, the shoes manufacturer’s association will have the right to nominate 8 members. The first meeting will be held in New York city….on….
More rules and regulations will follow…
………more will follow…
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.