Hrishikesh Mukherjee made about 50 films, including Satyakam, Chupke Chupke, Anupama, Anand, Abhimaan, Guddi, Gol Maal, Namak Haraam – films that I can see again and again and again…and I still cannot call him the best.
Dev Anand and Nav Ketan films made Taxi Driver, Guide, Jewel Thief,….et al.
Raj Kapoor’s Shree 420, Aan, Jis Desh mein Ganga behti hai, Sangam…are not ordinary movies.
Name Kishore Kumar, Manna Dey, Mohammad Rafi….the list is endless.
Same thing with sports men. Who is a better sportsman Lance Armstrong or Sachin Tendulkar? Viv or Barry Richards?
Well I really do not know who is the best in this list. And the best thing is barring a couple of people most of them are dead or well past their playing days.
And still it is difficult to pick out the best or rank them. Remember ranking is a media game. ’10 best performing funds’ is as pornographic as porn itself. ’10 top equity shares of 2011′ has ZERO relevance for your portfolio created in 2004 for your daughter’s Ivy League education in 2022.
If it is so difficult to rate sportsmen, artists, etc. DO YOU EVEN THINK it is possible:
1. rate mutual funds by their short term performance?
2. how relevant in life is ‘the best fund of 2011’ for a person who started investing in 2004 for creating a corpus in 2022?
3. what will you do knowing that the 11th fund could be the 1st next year? And it was NOT even in your ‘considering’ list?
4. Is there any guarantee that the fund house, the fund manager, the research guy…will not resign. Or drop dead.???
5. If the best fund gave a 24% return and the 10th fund gave 19% return – does it really matter?
..i have more questions….but my friends say I write too long!! will consider them next time..
Why? rating and ranking artists and sportsmen is a stupid media time-pass.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.