When Tata Motors launched Indica, I was skeptical, sold the share and bought it back at 25% of the price at which I sold. Just luck I guess, but I will live with that.
A brilliant observer of the auto market Adil (of Car and Bike fame!) told me “I told T Motors they should give about 100 cars free to the Tata executives get a feedback and then launch – but he did not listen to me. Now they will launch, make a fool of themselves, but then use their engineering skills to launch a great car….”
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.
When they took over JLR – I was again skeptical. However I did not sell the share this time – I decided to wait.
My arguments :
- If Ford cannot do it, how can Tata Motors?
- Tata Motors have no retail high quality experience.
- International markets were booming – so I was worried that they may over pay
I thought if they make money, it will be because they could shift a couple of lines to INDIA and hence the company could make some money….
Well in real life what happened?
- Sales of JLR zoomed – and it is now supporting Tata Motors 🙂
- No plant has been shifted to India
- Tata Motors is actually creating jobs in God forsaken UK!
Hats off, Mr. Ratan Tata, will take a bow…of course happy to admit my own foolishness – and very happy feeling as a shareholder and DVR holder.
Thank You, Sir.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.