The CWG was held in India from 3rd October. It is a big and prestigious event in which many things had gone wrong. However the way the media is screaming its lungs about how everything is wrong in India and everything is right all over the world is a little (or a lot) sickening.
I heard a big speaker (know him well but dare not name him he is a media favorite) say if electricity were to be discovered today, the press would write about:
1. How candle manufacturers got no time to adapt
2. How electricity can kill people – and how many lives will be lost
3. How if there is a leakage in underground cables millions of people will get electrocuted
4. How curtains have to be susidised because people will have to use it in the night also – and the usage is doubling
5. How people will not work – the fan will make nights more comfortable…
….you are getting the drift I hope.
Yes things are going wrong, so please be part of the solution. Go to the games village (come on, it looked nice, was there and it looked good) and see if you can help. Criticising Kalmadi is great but from when have we so much bothered about corruption?
Such tendering is quite common in Railways, the uniform sent to the soldiers during the Chinese War (1962) as of such poor quality that many of our jawans died of cold rather than by Chinese bullets, Hemant Karkare had substandard ‘bullet proof’ vest…yes we have problems. However we have our success stories too. We have Ratan Tata turning around JLR and creating Nano – and giving away 70% of the group’s income to charity. We have our education institutes,….so let us be positive till the games are over.
If you think all the money went to Suresh Kalmadi it just means you do not know our political system enough.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.