What do some of the people I know do well in their retirement? Or should I say how did they plan for their retirement? Well I have interacted with some retirees (less than 75 years of age) and here are my observations:
- They did not retire alone: many of them have retired near their place of work and count their classmates, cousins, etc who have all retired. This means they are no longer isolated, and have a friends, relatives circle for socializing.
- Most of them had visualized how their retirement will look like and feel like: I never thought this was important, but in retrospect I was wrong. A few of them had thought how it would look like, with whom they would like to be, etc.
- Many have not retired totally: I found one CFO looking after the portfolio of all his siblings, cousins, friends, etc. This is keeping him active, and he is acting like a free IFA for these people.
- Those who are happy are the ones who felt that they were in control of the Retirement process, and not in some others hands.
- Those who have shifted to a senior citizen home have found new friends, and have taken many of their friends along.
- Many of them are active in terms of activities – which earn money and help them interact with younger people.
- Many of them are sure that their corpus will last them – however NONE of them are beating themselves over this!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.